version 1.18.3 - 2018/04/23
- Updated the footer for LASV & WNV
version 1.18.2 - 2018/04/16
- LBI color scale domain is [0, 0.7] Issue 541
- Fix bug with antigenic advance & frequencies Issue 540
- Hovering over a tree legend value of zero now correctly highlights matching tips
- Undefined color traits are now grey on a discrete scale
- Removed all references to
node.attr.strain(tree JSON) and
version 1.18.1 - 2018/04/15
- Make date slider spacing consistent between animation and drag
version 1.18.0 - 2018/04/14
- Tanglegrams enabled! (bugfixes & reinstate controls dropdown)
- Status pages: nextstrain.org/status & nextstrain.org/status/staging
- Narrative files are sourced from nextstrain.org repository
version 1.17.4 - 2018/04/10
- Updated LASV footer
version 1.17.3 - 2018/04/04
- Allowed arbitrary user manifests to be served
- Changed how the tanglegram updates, so that it is now triggered straight after the trees update.
- Updated the files downloaded from
- Add lassa (LASV) footer acknowledgments.
version 1.17.2 - 2018/04/02
- Job ad on splash page.
version 1.17.1 - 2018/03/28
- Fix tree SVG bug Issue 535
version 1.17.0 - 2018/03/26
- Now exposed via a "hidden" URL query. E.g.
- Frequencies added to narrative
- block in focus is part of the URL query, and can be reloaded via the URL
Second Tree / Tanglegram
- Second tree can be loaded via a URL (e.g.
?tt=na). Sidebar dropdown currently disabled.
- In this mode, trees are forced to be rectangular, and the map & frequencies are not displayed.
- Tanglegram exists, but no untangling (yet)
- Bugs still exist (which is why the sidebar has been disabled)
- All JSONs (incl. frequencies, narrative) are loaded within a single Promise & dispatch
phylotree.change()only ever called once, and always in componentDidUpdate (fixes bugs where it fired in both CWRP and CDU)
- old & deprecated code removed
version 1.16.5 - 2018/03/26
- Authors filter is now an explicit setting in the JSONs PR 532
version 1.16.4 - 2018/03/22
- Flu footer updated
- Fix bug in genotype colouring PR 531
- Adjust vaccine cross styling & remove dashed line PR 529
version 1.16.3 - 2018/03/21
- Flu footer updated
version 1.16.2 - 2018/03/21
version 1.16.1 - 2018/03/16
- Fix bug in the color scales where clades were coloured white after switching trees.
version 1.16.0 - 2018/03/16
- Now works on Internet Explorer 11 (tested on windows 7)
- Grid layout issue fixed for Firefox on linux/windows
- Embedding Nextstrain in an iFrame works - see
version 1.15.1 - 2018/03/14
- Fix Firefox branch / tip hover bug Issue 525
version 1.15.0 - 2018/03/12
- Multiple genotypes (for the same amino acid) by typing in multiple comma separated AA/nuc positions. PR 523.
version 1.14.4 - 2018/03/05
- Restore staging server toggle issue 514
version 1.14.3 - 2018/03/01
- Bug fix where tip colours reverted to their initial colours after a layout change. issue 519
version 1.14.2 - 2018/02/28
- PR 518
- Frequency y-axis is now dynamic
- Frequency text box is more readable
- Frequency normalisation has been removed
version 1.14.1 - 2018/02/27
- Style tip stroke separately from branch stroke (
version 1.14.0 - 2018/02/27
- Strain search (using awesomplete). This highlights the path to a single tip and increases the tip radius. Strain is stored in the URL query (
s=...) and can be restored via URL. Selected strain also appears in the info panel (top of screen).
- Amino acid branch labels (for every tree) as well as clade labels if specified by the
clade_annotationattribute. AA labels are shown where the descendent visible tips account for more than 5% of the total visible tips (same as nextflu). Clade labels are always displayed.
- Default geneotype gene is now HA1 if available (previously nucleotide).
- ColorBy ordering (sidebar dropdown) is now ordered (via an array in
- The JSON processing on initial load has been shifted from the reducers to a single action - fewer dispatches, fewer potential bugs, faster code.
- Frequencies are initialised in a single action (previously 2).
- tip-frequencies are now downloaded via
- Frequency actions are not dispatched unless the frequency panel is loaded.
version 1.13.2 - 2018/02/26
- Improve consistency of panel controls
unassignedin tree legend (if applicable)
version 1.13.1 - 2018/02/26
- Tree button "reset layout" now at top right
version 1.13.0 - 2018/02/26
- Frequencies are now displayed via a stream graph panel - see PR 497. These require the fetching of a separate
tip-frequenciesJSON, and must be specified in the
panelsarray of the meta.JSON.
- "Panels To Display" toggles in the sidebar allow customisation of the display, and this is reflected in the URL.
-buttons in the tree have been replaced by a "reset tree" button. This resets the bounds to the entire tree & completely re-renders the tree (filters are maintained). Pan behaviour is unchanged.
- React-PhyloTree interface is completely rewritten to use
phylotree.change()- see PR 501 for the API. The new interface is both easier to understand and quicker.
changePageQuery(used for changing narrative blocks) is now a single action
- Ongoing narrative work (still disabled).
- React sidebar has been removed (no UI changes).
version 1.12.0 - 2018/02/14
- Vaccine strains are shown at their use date (in temporal trees), with dotted lines connecting them to their tips (representing collection date) (PR 498)
updateGeometryFadeuses counters to know when transitions are finished rather than
version 1.11.0 - 2018/02/05
- Vaccine strains are now displayed if they are specified in
- Tree components and PhyloTree have been reorganized (in
src/components/tree) and the syntax improved (PR 493)
- Upgraded to React 16, as well as upgrading redux & react-svg-pan-zoom (PR 494)
version 1.10.0 - 2018/02/05
- Local Branching Index (LBI) coloring can be calculated in auspice (code identical to nextflu) if specified in
color_options(meta JSON) (PR 491)
get_data.shscript updated to no longer download sequences & entropy JSONs
- action logging middleware available for debugging / development
version 1.9.0 - 2018/01/30
- Animations can now loop! This is selected via a toggle in the sidebar.
- While animating, the URL displays information which defines the animation (bounds, looping, cumulative, speed). This allows the animation to start automatically by linking to this URL.
- The code for the animation (i.e. the setInterval code) has been moved out of
Mapand into a separate
- Animation is stopped & started by examining redux state, rather than with imperative controls.
- The narrative machinery has been moved forward, but this functionality is still disabled and not present in production code.
- The (rather expensive)
calendarToNumericcalculations have become part of
state.controlsso that components no longer have to calculate them from the string form.
version 1.8.0 - 2018/01/18
entropy calculated via tree
- The entropy panel data is now computed within auspice by examining mutations throughout the tree, and is throttled to improve speed under load.
- Both entropy and number of mutations are available via a toggle similar to AA/NT
- This results in
entropy.JSONno longer being fetched.
- The entropy data is stored in redux state rather than the react component
- The D3 code has been reorganised
- Note that the entropy values are slightly different to those exported by augur in some situations - see https://github.com/nextstrain/auspice/pull/478#issuecomment-358496901
genotype calculated via tree
- This results in
sequences.JSONno longer being fetched.
- Augur was updated to export
annotationswhich are needed for entropy gene display.
middleware / react router
- All changes to the URL are now performed via middleware rather than side-effects within the action definition.
- React router has been removed
- Browser back/forward is detected via
window.addEventListener('popstate', this.onURLChanged)which also fires on initial page load.
- Pages are selected via the
- The number of proteins displayed while hovering over a branch has been limited to 7 (issue #484)
- The presence of author data is checked before display (issue #488)
- This changelog has been created and a step in the
releaseNewVersionscript added to prepend the version number upon release.
version 1.7.2 - 2018/1/4
Narrative / situational report
- Functionality has been added, but is currently disabled via a flag in
- This is currently rendered in a right-hand sidebar. This feature is not yet complete.
- The following state has been added to the URL query:
- filters, e.g.
- genotype URLs (these were previously set as the URL but not parsed)
- panel layout (grid/full)
- filters, e.g.
- A number of bugs regarding URL query state parsing (esp with genotype colorBys) have been fixed.
version 1.7.1 - 2017/10/31
- Added mumps acknowledgment